VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sendero Diez Vistas · Sunday, May 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, May. 1st
Pre-trip meeting location: UBC Nest
I'm sure that a lot of you are familiar with Diez Vistas!
This trip will be beginner friendly and relatively easy: the walk/hike is about 15 km long with an elevation gain of 460 m. It is expected to take about 6 hrs to hike the looped trail. All snow disappeared a little less than a month ago, so the trail sounds great.
I'm taking my car, which can fit 5 people. I'm happy for 10-15 people to join...but more cars need to be acquired! Also, this was posted at rather short notice, so I doubt we'll see 2-3 carloads of smiling faces.
Give me a shout if you're keen!
*NOTE: A lot of people have contacted me via phone without signing up as interested. As such, I already have one full car load (whoa!); a second car will need to be sourced if other people want to join.*