VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Climbing and skiing extravaganza! · Wednesday, May 11th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, May. 11th, 7:30 am
Living in Vancouver is truly awesome in the original awe inspiring way. One of the many reasons is because I can suggest something really stupid like "we should go climbing and skiing on the same day" and its actually not a stupid idea. To celebrate this wonderful fact we should go climbing and skiing on the same day!
So we shall head up to Squamish to climb. I'm not a great climber so I want to find easy stuff, but we can certainly be flexible. Once we are done in Squamish we will head home but stop off at the now closed Cypress ski resort. I was there last week and, after about 30 mins of walking with our skis, we found nice snow and got to ski while enjoying the sunset over the Howe sound.
This trip is perfectly Beginner friendly. The less independent a climber you are the more hanging around enjoying the sun you might find yourself doing, but all are welcome and we'll make sure everyone climbs something. Same goes with the skiing. The runs down are pretty mellow and I'll happily pick people up after they fall.