VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mt Currie · Sat. Jun. 4th - Sun. Jun. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 4th
End: Sunday, Jun. 5th, 7:00 pm
Several years ago, the village of Pemberton made a trail up Mt Currie, not to the top but high enough. Some people in the Club have been up it, but I have not. The plan is to drive up Saturday morning, park on the Mt Currie side of the Green River, and then carrying only day packs, with lunches, jackets, etc and wearing boots and carrying hiking poles just in case there's snow, wander up until it looks high enough or really scary, take pics, eat lunch, etc. Then we will wander back down and camp somewhere near where we parked the car, cook tasty food, eat it, etc. Or we could go to some up-market eatery in Pemberton, but that's not our style. We spend the night camping beside the car, then drive home Sunday. On the way home, we could check out the road that goes towards Brandywine Meadows to find out if the Alcoholic Traverse is in yet.
We have our car with at least two, maybe three empty seats. If you want one of them, sign up asap. If you want to bring your own car, that's OK, of course, and then we can take more people.