VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mountain Tinder [Mountaineering Camp] · Fri. Jul. 1st - Mon. Jul. 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jul. 1st
End: Monday, Jul. 4th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jun. 29th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: .Koerners Pub
Mountain Tinder® is a fun way to discover new and interesting mountaineering partners nearby. 10 billion matches have been made on Mountain Tinder. Here is how it works: If you’re interested in connecting with someone on Mountain Tinder, then just anonymously take note of their names to Like them; or don't to Pass. If someone likes you back, then it’s a match! Chat with your matches and get to know them at the pre-trip.
Come to the pre-trip with trip plans for an objective you're comfortable going on already and find that special some one or two to take with you! Each party is to be considered self-suffcient. If you're a more experienced couple, consider joining some novices to swing some leads and pass on your skills. (This is in place of Mountaineering Camp.) Also remember, it's often best to start easy and with low committment with a new partner, do something like Coffee Mountain instead of jumping right into serious objective like Meet-the-Family Enchainment.
With Mountain Tinder’s ‘Smart Profiles’ we let you know when you share common interests and objectives with your potential matches. On the message board thread describe yourself;
- Share a tantalizing picture of yourself climbing
- What kind of climbing do you do mainly?
- What kind of climbing do you want to do mainly?
- What qualifications or courses do you have? (Rock 4, G1, AST1, WFA, WTF...)
- What is a grade or objective that you could comfortably lead today?
- What's your risk tolerance; PG, PG-13, R, X, XXX (!!!)
- Car? 4wd? Rack? Rope ; )
- Share a trip report you wrote for people to get to know you
Meet interesting partners nearby.
Edit: No this isn't a dating service, it's just for finding a mountaineering partner : P