VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
A Tweed-Clad, Old-Skool Neve Traverse · Sat. Apr. 22nd - Sun. Apr. 23rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Apr. 22nd, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Apr. 23rd
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Apr. 19th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom or outside clubroom
This is posted much ahead of time to help participants collect appropriate clothing over time.
In 2017, VOC is celebrating its 100th anniversary. This maybe is in some form a tip of the hat to the folks who went into the mountains long before the days of Gore-tex Lycra 850-fill down, though really, the purpose is for fun.
The idea is to do cross the Garibaldi Neve, a classic ski traverse in the Coast Mountains, clad in old-school skiing/mountaineering attire.*
Wool 3-piece suits, skirts, suspenders, caps?
This trip will be open to those who have gone on overnight trips on skis before. This means having skinned up into the mountains, sleeping in a tent/hut, knowing how to generally take care of yourself in the mountains.