VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro to Backcountry Workshop · Wednesday, July 6th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Jul. 6th, 6:30 pm
Are you new to the outdoors? Maybe you've been on some local day hikes and want to see what backcountry hiking & backpacking is all about? Come to this workshop, and we'll give you some tips and advice to get you sorted out for summer trips. Bring yourself, your friends, and your questions! Not a VOC member yet? Come anyway! We can tell you more about the club and sign you up at the workshop.
-How to pack and what to bring, including packing demos & examples
-Footwear and clothing choices
-Why is my pack so heavy?
-Backcountry bathroom business
When? Wednesday, July 6, 6:30pm
Where? VOC BBQ (NW Marine & Tolmie)
PS. If you are experienced and would like to help out, please send me an email!