VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Locomotive & Face Mountain Scrambling Trip · Sat. Oct. 15th - Sun. Oct. 16th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 15th
End: Sunday, Oct. 16th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 12th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club room!
The plan is to hike the short (max 2 hours) distance to Semaphore Lakes on Saturday morning, then scramble up Face and Locomotive Mountains on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning depending on weather. Head back home on Sunday night, stopping for Beers and Burgers in Squamish.
This is a beginner friendly trip, a decent level of fitness would make it more enjoyable if you want to make it up both mountains, but no experience is needed. Both scrambles have a little bit of exposure and route-finding involved.
More details as to what you need and a vague route description on the linked Wiki page