VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intermediate Friendly Mount MacFarlane Hike and Scramble · Sat. Sep. 17th - Sun. Sep. 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Bad weather- will try to re-schedule for a future weekend
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 17th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Sep. 18th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Sep. 15th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Due to bad weather, this trip is currently cancelled! I will try to re-schedule for a future weeked, but no guarantees for now. Sorry everyone!
There is a lovely hike and scramble up to Mount MacFarlane. I have been wanting to do it for years and this time I will make it happen!
The hike in is ~21 km return (11-12 km each way) and fairly steep. If you have been to Wedgemount Lake before, imagine that steepness but for longer. From the upper lake, we can scramble to the top of Mount MacFarlane, which is a pretty easy scramble. If we scramble any other areas, helmets will be required. There are numerous lakes in this area for cliff jumping as well.
Although beginners are welcome, I would recommend back country camping experience and a high(ish) level of fitness and/or tolerance for suffering (Just. In. Case.), hence the claim of Intermediate Friendly.