VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sooke Potholes bike trip. Summer edition · Sat. Jul. 23rd - Sun. Jul. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 23rd
End: Sunday, Jul. 24th
Pre-trip meeting location: TBA
one of possible routes). On the first day we will follow Galloping Goose trail from Swartz Bay till its end in Leachtown - an interesting and spooky ghost town left from gold-rush times. See the trip report from the previous time. There are 2 options for the second day: we will split into 2 groups, one of which will take the same road back and the other will take logging roads to Langford where both groups meet. Those who want to choose the second option need to have a bike that can go on logging roads. After the reunion in Langford we will continue riding together on a lovely paved road on the west side of peninsula.