VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
August long weekend at Semaphore Lakes! · Sat. Jul. 30th - Mon. Aug. 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 30th, 6:00 am
End: Monday, Aug. 1st, 11:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 27th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom/outside clubroom
Inspired by the recent trip report and beautiful pictures from Semaphore Lakes, I'd like to organize a hiking/scrambling trip there for the long weekend.
The trail can be accessed by 2WD and there is only a short approach to the lakes. Afterwards, we can do some of the scrambles described in Matt Gunn's book: Locomotive, Tender, Face... and also go swimming, relax... or choose to do whatever we'd like!
July 30th is my birthday, so I'll bring some cake and we can in general make some sort of large dessert potluck-celebration and maybe also bring the song book... and some instruments... ?? Let's see!