VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Hanes Valley Trail · Sunday, July 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jul. 17th, 7:00 am
Let's hike Hanes Valley!
It’s a 16km trail with 1320m of elevation gain and a solid hour of scrambling. We’ll faff the deets out over email but expect to meet up around 7:10am at Waterfront station. It’ll take us approximately 50 minutes to reach Lynn Headwaters by transit and about 9.5 hours to complete the Hanes Valley Trail.
Pending on how the group feels we can hike up to Crown before descending to the Grouse mountain lodge. The gondola down costs $10. If all goes well, we’ll be back in Van before dark for dins and drinks.
We’ll swim under waterfalls and have a communal lunch on a ridge or something. I’ll feed you chickpea chocolate chip cookies just promise to bring plenty of water (2+ litres)!
This is a beginner trip in the sense that no technical skills are required. The trail itself is steep and difficult though so be fit or willing to suffer.