VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow: Bike Touring the Hebrides · Wednesday, October 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Oct. 5th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ESB (Earth and Ocean Sciences) 2012
Join Mike and Lizzy in sharing their awesome adventure!
"Supported by the Neil Mackenzie Adventure Grant, we completed a 500 km bike lap of the western isles of Scotland and discovered Vancouver weather really isn't that bad. We encountered blood thirsty midges, beautiful beaches, gale force winds, wonderful people, some good beer, good whiskey, great roads, sea lochs, in-land lochs, peat, and sheep."
"Hiding from 60mph wind in a bus shelter in North Uist"