VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Walking @ Wreck Beach · Saturday, September 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 24th, 10:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: MOA, 10:00 Sat
This close to the start of the year, days are still long and assignments have not started to pile up. Come on this Beginner Friendly Introductory Beach walk. Meet at the main entrance to the Museum of Anthropology (MOA) at 10:00 am sharp. From there we will find the stairs down to the beach and walk counterclockwise around UBC until we have had enough, coming up either at gate 6 or more likely, gate 7, or possibly even the booming grounds, though the trail there is pretty gnarly, especially when the tide is in. Though Wreck Beach is “Clothing Optional”, we recommend that you wear clothes for this trip. Shoes of some sort should round out the technical gear required. Oh, and maybe some sun glasses. And bring a sandwich or two. And something to drink. And cookies. I like cookies. Due to the sensitive nature of the Wreck Beach Regulars, we recommend that you not bring a camera, or if you do bring one, try to avoid photographing naked people without their permission. We recommend that you sign up for this trip, at least as “Interested”, so that I can tell if I lost anybody. Last time I did this trip, I lost half the participants, due mostly to poor planning. I hope to do better this time. Trip should be officially “over” by 2pm, in case you have plans for the evening. Or, of course you could stay down at the beach if you want.
I am still slightly injured from the last trip, so I won't be walking too fast. If anybody thinks I am walking too fast, just let me know and I'll slow down.