VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
A ceilidh (Kay-lay) in Vancouver? damn straight! · Friday, October 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Oct. 21st, 7:00 pm
Come dance a Ceilidh, its great fun. Its basically a form of dance that was specifically designed so that the rhythmically impaired, artistically and creatively stunted folks like myself could still take part, even after a skin full. Those without my difficulties can even make it look good!
It's held at the Scottish Cultural Centre with link here.
They promise to teach "almost everything you need to know" and I can speak from experience when i say a Ceilidh is only more entertaining when its filled with foreigners who have no idea what's going on. It stands to reason therefore that this is an event that can only benefit from a VOC invasion! The wearing of kilts and drinking of copious quantities of whisky is highly encouraged but entirely optional. Dancing better than me is strongly discouraged but probably unavoidable... Come get ready for Burns and Turns!