VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[workhike] Another Lizzie Workhike · Fri. Oct. 21st - Sun. Oct. 23rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Oct. 21st
End: Sunday, Oct. 23rd
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 19th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: In or outside the clubroom
There is still a good amount of work to be done at the Lizzie Hut and a little bit on the trail, and winter is coming fast. This will be a workhike to try to accomplish a number of things on the Lizzie List, including:
Create/install bridge system for one log bridge
Fill in more cracks at the hut with oakum
Hang more trail markers
Install the plywood on top of the existing porch
Deal with the sink (TBD)
Make progress towards replacing the door - probably haul up and build door frame.
Test the Coleman lamp
Inventory the library
Haul out more scrap metal and garbage
- Bring fire extinguisher(s) to the hut
The plan is to leave Vancouver Friday afternoon/evening, camp somewhere (trailhead? hot springs?) and make an early start to the hut on Saturday. The trail is relatively "easy" now that it is clear all the way, but we will be hauling heavy things - plywood, chainsaw, fire extinguisher etc. We are hoping that the people who join this trip will be able to handle the extra weight and still make good time to the hut. We will sleep in/at the hut and get as much work done as we can on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning before heading down Sunday afternoon. We expect an unknown quantity of snow closer to the hut.