VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Substitute for Rock 3 · Saturday, October 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 15th, 11:00 am
End: Saturday, Oct. 15th, 3:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Saturday, Oct. 15th, 11:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room
Rock party has been cancelled :(
In order to help ease the pain of this, I will be instructing lead climbing in the Aviary instead on Saturday. We will go through a quick "dryschool", do some lead climbs, and finish with beers at Mahony's. Unfortunately we'll have to simply discuss a few of the techniques necessary for outdoors lead climbing due to the limitations of the gym. Hopefully, you'll leave with the skills to continue lead climbing in the gym, and to expand outdoors with competent friends at your next opportunity!
I ask that only those signed up for Rock 3 at Rock Party sign up for this trip.
Dry School in the Club Room (1100-1200): discuss what lead climbing is, fall factors, do's and don'ts, safety, climbing and belaying considerations, etc.
Climb in the Aviary (1200-1500): practice cliping and belaying, do some mock leads, LEAD CLIMB!!, take some falls, have lots of fun.
Finish with celebratory drinks (1500): you just did your first lead climbs!