VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Manning park explorations 8-9 Oct · Sat. Oct. 8th - Sun. Oct. 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 8th
End: Sunday, Oct. 9th, 11:40 am
This will be a car-camping trip with two longish (~20-25k) day hikes of ~1000m vertical gain.
We will drive in on Saturday, camp at the Lightening lakes Provincial Park's campsite, and climb the highest peak in Manning - Mount Frosty (2408m). There is a stunning world class event on the ascent called "Larches are turning yellow". On Sunday we'll hike East Skyline trail and hopefully knock off two peaks on the way: Snow Camp and Lone Goat, and then will drive back to Vancouver. The trip isn't technical, but does involve a bit of quasi scrambling around Frosty, and some snow travel, for which I would recommend bringing an ice axe, and knowing how to use it. Days are getting short so a headlamp is mandatory. As is some sort of rain gear.