VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beacon training · Tuesday, November 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Nov. 1st, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: club room
Beacon training! It is that time of year when the snow has blanketed the mountains and the musical sound of avalanches rumbling in the distance tells you you better know how to use your beacon.
This will help you become familiar with the use of avalanche beacons so you will have even more fun on the AST1 course you are about to take.
Participants must bring their own beacon. You can sign these out during gear hours. Also bring a head lamp, warm clothes and BEvERages for the organizer.
Meet at the club room 17:00