VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow: Stuart and Spencer find adventure · Wednesday, November 30th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Nov. 30th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ESB 2012
In August 2016, Stuart Higgs and Spencer Rasmussen loaded mountaineering gear and three weeks of food into their kayaks and headed off for adventure. After paddling inland up Jervis Inlet, they shouldered 70lb packs and began bushwacking deep into shíshálh territory. Their journey would take them along grisly bear trails, past broken glaciers, across long granite ridges and atop panoramic summits. Things didn't go quite as planned, but adventure they found.