VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Movembers Climb for the Cause · Friday, November 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Nov. 18th
Movember’s Climb for the Cause is a day long Climbing event in which participants come out to support the fight against cancer, by climbing to their heart’s content! All entrance fees will go to Cancer Research and Patient Care via the Canadian Cancer Society and Climber’s Against Cancer. Climber’s will be given raffle tickets for their top three completed climbs and entered to win climbing merch and other prizes.
SRC Climbing Room
November 18th from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm, in one hour timeslots for participants. Raffle prize drawing will be from 7-8pm. You’re welcome to come back for the raffle draw after your one hour timeslot to collect a prize (if any). Otherwise all prizes won will be available for pickup from our club room (room 3302F in the Nest) Mon 3-4, Wed 4-5, or by appointment.
We will be boothing in the NEST on Tuesdays preceding the event: Nov 1st, 8th, 15th, from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. We’re only taking registration in person at our booth, or at the event itself on event day (but register early, so you can be assured that you one hour timeslot is reserved for your climbing convenience). Don’t forget to bring $15 with you for the registration fee, and a friend who also wants to sign up at the same time to climb with!
As mentioned above, your best three climbs get the following number of chances to win: Beginner Grade Climbs: 1 Raffle ticket. Intermediate Grade Climbs: 2 Raffle tickets. Advanced Grade Climbs: 3 Raffle tickets. The prizes we currently have available: Hive Bouldering Gym: 1 one-month membership (valued at $105), 3 one-day passes ($20/pass), Aviary: 3 one-year membership passes, Climbers Against Cancer: 2 Male CAC T-shirts, 2 Female CAC T-shirts.
Additional raffle tickets can be bought for $3/ticket, and as a reminder, all ticket fees go towards the Canadian Cancer Society – The SRC has generously donated the climbing space for our use, so all of your registration fee is donated!