VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Red Heather Snowshoe Extravaganza! - Beginner-Friendly · Sunday, December 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Dec. 4th, 8:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Dec. 1st, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Have you ever been wanting to get out into the mountains with all your brand new VOC friends without the hassle of dealing with lots of complicated gear or having a certain level of committment or skillset? Do you enjoy potlucks in an awesome place?! And are you stoked about the winter wonderland up in the mountains? Then this is trip is for you! Join us for a day of snowshoeing up at Red Heather hut in Garabaldi Provincial Park, where we'll enjoy a day of merryment and luch-potlucking up at Red Heather.
Pre-Reqs: Day-hiking experience in the summer
What: Day-trip of snowshoeing up to Red Heather hut and surrounding area (see attached link on hiking and hut details: (http://www.trailpeak.com/trail-Elfin-Lakes-Red-Heather-Hut-near-Squamish-BC-61)
Gear: See the attached link: http://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/Gear_lists#Winter_Day_Trip. Note: avalanche gear is not required for this trip specifically, but can be brought out to practice avalanche safety skills!
Still not convinced? Check out this awesome photo from just above Red Heather hut: