VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Ski Touring + Winter Camp Overnighter on Brohm Ridge - Interm. Friendly · Fri. Dec. 16th - Mon. Dec. 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Dec. 16th
End: Monday, Dec. 19th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Dec. 14th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
I'd like to plan an overnighter to Brohm Ridge, north of Squamish while it's still available (will be overrun by development in a few years).
I've set the date to the 16th and 19th of December, but we can discuss staying longer/shorter.
We will also discuss access to the Brohm Ridge: either via the FSR north of Alice lake or via Elfin Lakes.
We will be joined by director Robin Leveille (https://vimeo.com/robinleveille) since he wants to document this place in an upcoming film that will shed light on the controversial GAS "ski resort" development that will devastate this area.
So if he has some equipment to bring up we can help out with that as well.
**NOTE: I've set the date for 4 days to plan for bad weather and a long access to the ridge. Filming will also depend on a good weather window, so I'd like to keep options open. If you're not free for the 4 days you can still sign up, don't let that deter you! We could discuss the possibility of having a 4 day group and a 2 day group (if there's enough people of course).
**Backcountry ski touring experience + winter camping experience is necessary.