VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Easy Snowshoe Trip to Lynn Peak · Saturday, January 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 14th, 10:00 am
End: Saturday, Jan. 14th, 4:00 pm
This will be a snowshoeing day trip to Lynn Peak at the Lynn Headwaters Regional Park.
The trail is 8.8 km round trip, takes a recommended 4 hrs. Please see the external link for more details. The plan is to be AT the trail head, READY TO GO at 10:00 am. We will eat our lunch at the top. While it is much more convenient to carpool, Lynn Headwaters is transit accessible. At the Londsdale Quay bus loop, take bus #228 to Lyn Valley (Lang worthy street, 2 flat km to trail head). For other routing, please visit Translink.ca!
Please be prepared with a day bag with a lunch, snacks, at least 1-2L of water, a headlamp (just in case it gets dark) and any clothing layers you need. Proper hiking shoes are needed for snowshoeing.
more info about the area here
NOTE **I do not plan on doing a pretrip meeting since I do not currently live in the city. Please commit to the trip by the noted time to receieve email from me about trip. If enough people show interested in a pretrip meeting, I will hold a pretrip meeting on Thurs.
Snowsoes can be rented from the club for a $40 deposit. Please see the gear hours bellow: