VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mt. Laughington Touring Day Trip · Saturday, February 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 4th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 1st, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
Location Change! (Due to Weather) Now it's Mt. Laughington in Chilliwack!
I've fallen in love with the Coquihalla/Manning Park region and I'd like to head there to ascend Mt. Outram if conditons are good!
A bit on Mt. Outram (J. Baldwin):
"1 day trip, 18km roundtrip with elevation gain 1770m, difficulty rating of 3 and challenging terrain."
In light of recent instabilities and reports in the Coquihalla I wish to plan a conservative approach and a very conservative descent as well.
There's a high pressure system coming in so hopefully we'll have clear skies but cold temperatures!
For these reasons I think this is a INTERMEDIATE FRIENDLY TRIP. Backcountry skills are a must and avi skills as well!
3 Options to be discussed at the pre-trip:
1) Leave Vancouver very very early.
2) Leave the night before and camp at the trailhead for an early start.
3) An overnight trip of 2 full days.
**Note: I'd like to limit the group size to two car loads. Post on the message board for any questions/concerns.
It'll be an awesome weekend !! :)