VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Elfin Shelter, Garibaldi Park · Mon. Feb. 20th - Tue. Feb. 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, Feb. 20th, 8:00 am
End: Tuesday, Feb. 21st, 5:00 pm
Staying at Elfin, night of Monday Feb 20, because it's not full. Mostly Elfin gets full of Weekend Warriors, but this is a Monday, so not full. We are going to go up on skis, but if snowshoes are your preferred method of travel, we won't discriminate. This trip is Beginner Friendly in the sense that we won't leave you to die up there or anything like that. If you don't know how to ski, we can show you how.
Elfin is heated. Cooking stoves are provided. If you've never been to Elfin, here's your chance. I have room for exactly three more people in my Jeep. I can assist with details like food preparation if you aren't sure what to bring, but if you are gluten and lactose intolerant and a vegetarian, I probably can't help you.
Purpose of all this is to see what Parks offers its users and to compare with our own huts, which are cheaper but may have fewer amenities.
If you want one of the three remaining spots in my car, it would be best to email me, but you can always use the signup protocol.