VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
lookimg for dry weather-Skaha · Fri. Mar. 17th - Sun. Mar. 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Mar. 17th, 4:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 19th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 15th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
The neve traverse has always been in my bucket list, as well as Mt Garibaldi. So I am trying to organize a trip which we can combine all of them together. I was planning to leave Vancouver early Friday morning and returning late Sunday. Giving us plenty of time to complete the traverse and summit garibaldi if weather is adequate.
This trip is intermediate, I would like the people participating in it to have AVI, glacier and snow camping skills. Great condition and stamina is a must since I want to summit two peaks throughout the three day trip.
It would be tremendously helpful to have someone who has already done the neve traverse in the team.
The itinerary (changes might have to be made based on weather or time)
Day 1 Friday:
-Alpine start 4:30 am
-Car swapping and head up to Elfin Lakes
-drop our camping gear near the cabin and try and summit diamond head if time is on our hands. If not we can do The Gargoyles.
-camp near the hut
Day 2 Saturday:
-rise and shine, start the traverse with the objective of camping at a high base near mt garibaldi.
Day 3 Sunday:
-Alpine start to summit mt garibaldi yaaay. finish traverse and head back home. that sounds pretty damn easy eehh?
I am really stoked to get this trip going and hopefully the weather cooperates. Trip is completely dependent on weather. Hopefully we have a high pressure system in our hands
ill be making a message thread for questions, concerns, comments or maybe even request for changes in the itinerary
Change in plans! We are headed to skaha for the weekend