VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly skiing + snow camping to Taylor Meadows · Sat. Mar. 4th - Sun. Mar. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 4th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 5th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Mar. 1st, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
Hello! I'm realizing I probably don't know many of you. I haven't done much officially with the club in quite some time - I'm mostly a message board lurker these days. I figured it would be fun to do something useful, meet some new faces, and run a beginner friendly ski trip while snow still exists in these parts! So here goes...
Have you been itching to try out this winter thing, but haven't yet had the chance? Want to play in the snow, get some exercise, spend a night shivering in a cold tent, practise beacon skills, and have a good excuse to eat lots of tasty snacks?
Well, maybe this is a trip for you.
Taylor Meadows is located in Garibaldi Provincial Park, not too far from Garibaldi lake. There is a warming shelter there, so we can cook/hangout/warm up inside after skiing/exploring the area, if it is too cold/wet/windy to be enjoyable outside. Sleeping will be in tents. Hopefully we'll be able to get some decent turns in as well.
I'm looking for 2 types of people for this trip:
- beginner-ish folk, preferably of the happy variety.
- a few experienced people to help out. I especially need to find someone to run a pre-trip meeting, as it is near impossible for me to get to campus during the work week because of geography.
We will leave Vancouver early Saturday morning and return Sunday late afternoon.
Things you need to bring: http://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/Gear_lists#Winter_Overnight
I am open to having snowshoers on this trip, but personally, I'll be bringing my skis.
Any questions you have, just ask away!