VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow: Party in the USA · Wednesday, March 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Mar. 15th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ESB 2012 MAP
Join Olek as he shares tales of road trips to climbing and alpine destinations in the vast and "great America"! It will get you stoked for summer climbing to come!
Hope to see you all there!
To help fuel the stoke for summer climbing adventures, I will be presenting a slideshow of some sort on March 15. I was initially going to do one on March 8 as well, but since I don't want everyone missing out on the banquet to watch my presentation (yeah right) I'm just going to be giving one.
I was thinking about giving a presentation titled: "There's no place like home" -- Mountaineering and Alpine climbing adventures in BC. I will show some pretty pictures of cool trips around the province.
I could alternatively present on rock climbing and alpine climbing in the USA, but I though people might want to do the BC thing given the current exchange rate.
Stuff I will probably show are: Joffre area climbing, Rogers pass traverses and mountaineering (if I took pictures), mt gimli in the Selkirks, the Bugaboos (if not too cliche), springbok arete in the Anderson river group, and some climbing in the manatee group including Wahoo tower that Nick Gobin, Lena Rowat, Will Beattie and I did in 2014.
If anyone has any specific requests, I'll try to cater to them. I could also throw in some alpine stuff from Washington pass and the enchantments into the presentation.