VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
2nd Annual Spooky Scramble - Baby Munday · Saturday, October 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 29th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 26th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Earth and Ocean Science (EOS) Main Lobby
Calling all ghosts and goblins... The plan is to scramble the North Summit of Baby Munday (2210m), and time permitting attempt to summit Knight Peak and Stewart Peak on Oct 29th (in honour of Halloween), in costume! It's reportedly a fantastic scramble, with an elevation gain of 1330m, and roughly 8 hours round trip, depending on party speed. The scrambling has limited exposure, so beginners are most welcome and encouraged! We will of course take awesome costumed summit pictures and be back in town in time for any Halloween Parties!
You should be reasonably fit and costumed. No points for 'Hiker' costumes or else you will be assigned a mystery costume of shame should you come unprepared...