VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Skiing at Vantage area · Sat. Mar. 11th - Sun. Mar. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : High avi conditions. Daytrip on Sunday
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 11th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 12th
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Mar. 7th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Last year I went to the Joffre/Vantage area and I'd like to do some more skiing in that area. The terrain is not too relatively doable for people that can just manage to stay upright on skis and there is a hut in the area.
The plan is to leave early Saturday morning or Friday afternoon, skin up to Keiths hut. Set up camp close to the hut (I dont want to occupy the hut with a big-ish group but I do want some of its luxuries) and do some skiing in the area. The next day, ski some more, pack our things and reach the car at a reasonable time.
Its ok to join the trip if you don't have a ton of backcountry experience but I dont want to bring complete beginners (I am semi experienced myself). This means that you know your avi safety and you have skied with a heavy overnight backpack before.
This trip might be posponed if the avi forecast doesnt get a chance to settle over the next week.