VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
A Spring-y Salsa Social · Thursday, March 23rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Mar. 23rd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: GEOG 101
Want to get your Latin groove on? Learn some new moves and brush up on old ones? Do you feel the need to celebrate the arrival of spring by shaking up the dance floor? I know you VOCers have a secret love (and talent) for salsa dancing... it's time it (re-)blossomed!
And so, the VOC is partnering with the UBC Latin Dance Club for an instructional salsa class and post-class social jam! It's time to dress-up, shake out those ski legs and get into your dancing shoes!
What: 1.5 hours salsa class for ALL levels, plus open jam session after to show off your new moves!
Where: GEOG 101
When: Thursday, March 23rd. Lesson begins at 6pm sharp! Feel free to come early to respect our instructors time. Plus, that's time to socialize. The room will be open at 5:30pm.
Cost: $3 for our awesome instructor! The UBC Salsa Club is providing us with professional instruction at a highly reduced rate - kudos to them!
Pre/Post dancing: Most likely... Drinks? (Koerners pub?) More dancing elsewhere? (Backstage Lounge? No salsa in the city on Thursdays I'm afraid..unless someone knows something I don't - speak up if so!)
Please use the sign up tool to RSVP and give us an idea of how many dancers to expect! That being said, all are welcome, signed up or not :) Message board can be used for snarky commentary and planning purposes if people are wanting to get together before/after the salsa lesson.
Looking forward to a fun evening! Hope to see many of you there.