VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Spearhead Traverse - Advanced Only · Sat. Apr. 22nd - Sun. Apr. 23rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Apr. 22nd, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Apr. 23rd, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, Apr. 17th, 6:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: Chairs outside VOC Clubroom
Need to shake off that exam stress? Looking to get another traverse in before the end of the season? Look no further, folks!
I'm keening to knock the Spearhead off my list (and hopefully do a run down Banana Chute of Fissile pk while we're there). This is an ADVANCED ONLY trip and it is not beginner friendly. This CANNOT be one of your first few times out on skins, and it CANNOT be your first time winter camping. If you're tele-ing, make sure thats something you already know how to do. Must have your AST-1 or equivalent course (or a buttload of experience in avalanche terrain). I say this because I'm not a guide, and we must all take part in decision making on this trip. Preference will be given to people with glacier experience/crevasse rescue knowledge, but if enough people are without it we can make the pre-trip meeting longer and go over it. Unfortunately, I am now without a car, so we're in need of drivers. Make sure you answer all the sign up questions!
The cost of this trip will be the Whistler Backcountry Pass (60$), gas money to your driver, and food. We can organize this at the pre-trip meeting.
I'm super amped, folks! Make sure to check out the wiki (http://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/Spearhead_Traverse) and the Baldwin book description and get hyped!!!!
**This trip will be cancelled if avy conditions/weather is unstable**