VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Summer Kickoff Backyard Campout & Barbeque · Fri. Apr. 28th - Sat. Apr. 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Apr. 28th, 8:45 am
End: Saturday, Apr. 29th, 10:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Apr. 27th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: No pretrip. MAP
Summer is coming!
Get your bikes chains oiled, you hiking shoes polished, and your tents aired. Come join me in my backyard in North Vancouver to kick off the summer. Get hyped.
Spend a day biking, hiking, orienteerring in North Van then throw a backyard party and campout. Potentially do some more before hiking/biking the next day if people are interested/not too hungover from all the "tea" they had the night before.
3020 Duchess Ave, North Vancouver (Lynn Valley). My backyard is huge and has a forest right behind it. There is lots of space for everyone and it has much more outdoorsy feel to it than most Vancouver houses. Mt. Fromme is just north, and has great terrain for both hikers and mountain bikers beginners or advanced. The Seymour Demonstration Forest is super close and fun road bike ride.
All activities are beginner friendly. You can do as many or as few activites as you want to. You could mountain bike all morning then join the orienteering group in the afternoon if you wanted. Some options are:
- Mountain Biking - Mt. Fromme
- Hiking - Lynn Peak/Mt. Fromme
- Orienteering - Hunter Park/Princess Park/Mt. Fromme
- Road Cycling - Seymour Demonstration Forest
- Trail Running - Lynn Canyon, Norvan Falls, and potentially secret waterfalls!
How many groups go out and what activities they do depend out what people are interested in. If you know North Van well enough to lead a group. Let me know :)
Who & What to bring:
Anyone and everyone is welcome! If you do not have a tent, I am sure there will be extra tent spaces that people can share. Since my place is bus accessible, instead of listing how many seats you have available in your car list how much space you have in your tent!
- Tent, Sleeping Bag, Other camping accessories you want to have.
- If you have some propane to spare for the barbeque that would be wonderful!
- Lunch and Snacks.
- Proper clothing and footwear for whatever activity you do.
- Bring your own "tea". If there is enough interested participants maybe we will get a keg of tea ;)
- $5 so we can buy the food for the barbeque. (+$5-10 for the keg of tea if interested)
Rough Rough Itinerary:
- 27th - 7:00 pm: Set up tents, sing some songs, organize the next day, early and chill evening (optional).
- 28th - 8:45 am: If you didn't stay the night before, you should show up around 9am.
- 28th - 9:00 am: Split into activity groups.
- 28th - 9:30 am: Activity groups head off.
- 28th - 4:30 pm: Activity groups arrive back at camp.
- 28th - 5:00 pm: Evening Trail Run.
- 28th - 6:30 pm: Barbeque & Party time!
- 29th - Head home.
- We have two outdoor-indoor cats at our home and as much as I would love to accomdate dogs, I don't know if I could make it work.