VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sk3 - Backcountry Splitboarding/AST 1 Refresher! · Sunday, April 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Apr. 9th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Apr. 9th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Apr. 6th, 7:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom (or immediately outside of it)
**UPDATE**: This trip was tentative due to some sampling constraints I had with my research as well as weather constraints. The new date is set and the event will be happening on this date!
Hello all VOC single-plankers! Have you been getting stoked all winter long seeing your friends' photos from all these phenomenal backcountry skiing destinations and wish you could make it out but didn't know how to with your snowboard? Or have you been riding Whistler for multiple weekends; loved the snow but not so much loved the hour long waits in the lines (or maybe the T-bar when it gets windy)? Well wait no further! Join me, and a few other extremely stoked and experienced VOC instructors/co-leads on an introductory day-trip in the backcountry specifically tuned to splitboaders! We'll go to destinations where we'll shred all the fresh pow and learn a plethora of backcountry skills in the process. In addition, this trip will review concepts discussed on AST 1, and give participants the opportunity to practice some terrain selection techniques learnt on that course. If this all sounds interesting to you, please verify you have the pre-requisite skills listed below, then sign up and get stoked!! And if you're still not convinced, here's a photo of my buddy Marc grabbing the sun on one of our trips a few years back: