VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Let's ski to Watersprite Lake (or Duffey)! · Sat. May. 20th - Sun. May. 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 20th
End: Sunday, May. 21st
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, May. 18th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom or just outside
Let's go for a long day of spring skiing in the Watersprite Lake area! I'm not very set on the Saturday. If another day around that time (the Sunday or Monday?) is better for you, post on the message board. We could also make it a two-day to the Duffey Lake area if people are keen. I'm also open for any other suggestions as to where to go!
In early May it still looked stunning up there as you can see in Matt Gunn's video.
Tele-skiers, AT-skiers and splitboarders are welcome on this trip.
You should be able to ski blue runs at a ski-resort. It would be ideal if everyone has AST1 but I can also take a few people without as long as I'm not the only one who knows what he's doing.
You'll need a decent level of fitness because we'd like to get up quickly so we get in more turns. If you do some kind of sports once a week or walk or cycle a lot, you should be fine.
Gear list (on the wiki)
We need cars!