VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Cypress sunset skiing · Tuesday, May 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, May. 9th, 6:00 pm
We'll be skinning up to Mt. Strachan on Cypress after work on Tuesday and then skiing down around sunset. If this sounds like your kind of thing, please join!
Trip was cancelled last Thursday evening due to a severe thunderstorm watch.
Similar to the trip Elliott organised last week. Cypress is closed and that means it is time for mid-week evening skiing! I intend to leave campus after work on Thursday (probably around 5pm), skin up, maybe do some laps, and enjoy the sunset over Howe Sound.
Organisation will be done by email, please indicate by Wednesday evening if you want to go so that we can figure out cars. No particular ski skills are required, this is a great way to improve your skiing or try skiing out. This trip will only happen if weather looks good.
Picture taken by Nicole Ong skiing at Cypress in May 2016.