VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sky Pilot (bike-ski-climb) · Wednesday, May 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Avalanches are happening in abundance...
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, May. 10th, 4:00 am
End: Wednesday, May. 10th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Email faff
The mountains have been looking quite appealing in this fine Spring sun. I'd like to try an ascent of Sky Pilot's East face; the route involves crossing a glacier on skis, and probably some 4th class scrambling with crampons. Glacier skills required. It would be cool to bag the copilot too if we have time.
Biking up the logging road seems like the most time efficient (and fun) option, so I'd love to go for that if others are keen. I'd like to get back before 6pm (so I can get to a meeting and you can get to the VOC BBQ ), so would prefer an early morning start from Vancouver, or camp at the trailhead the night before. I don't know how many people can do mid-week trips right now, but sign up/shoot me an email if you're interested now/in the future.
I can drive 1 person + bikes and skis, or 3 people + only skis.