VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
May-Long CLIMBING (Intermediate Friendly) · Fri. May. 19th - Mon. May. 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, May. 19th
End: Monday, May. 22nd
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, May. 17th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
It's FINALLY climbing season! Let's get after it already!
I'd like to rally some troops keen on climbing over the long weekend. Come join me and fellow rad climber friends for a great weekend!
When: Friday-Monday, May 19th - 22nd.
(When you leave, ex. Thursday night, Friday morning or Friday after work... and when you return, ex. Sunday night, Monday night... is up to each car group.)
Where: Preferably Skaha (5hrs away), but if Squamish (1.5hrs away) is good for weather I'd be keen for more local exploration. I'd rather spend my time climbing instead of driving, and I don't feel like border faff, so I'm not really thinking Smith Rocks or Washington. I'm going by the K.I.S.S. principle for this trip. However, if you want to use this forum to gather a group and head south, by all means go ahead! :)
What (to bring): Spring camping gear (it's not quite summer weather yet), climbing gear and a go-get'em-stoke-filled attitude. If you are newer to climbing, questions can be directed to the message board or asked at the pretrip meeting.
NOTE: This is an informal VOC trip. i.e. not an instructional trip. It is simply meant as a tool for a group of VOCers who want to go climbing to organize rides, tents, and adventures in a similar location. You'll need to have some climbing experience (at least Rock 1, preferably Rock 2+) and camping experience. If you're relatively new to climbing, this doesn't mean you can't come along - but, you'll have to find someone who is willing to climb with you. I encourage less experienced climbers to try and find mentors for this trip!
PS: If we go to Skaha and the weather is dandy, you can expect post-climbing sessions to be filled with beach picnics, acro-yoga/normal yoga, games and shenanigans of your choice.
PPS: K.I.S.S. stands for Keep It Simple, Stupid... for those that may not be aware :)