VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Bugaboo Climbing Trip - Get In(spired)! · Thu. Jul. 20th - Thu. Jul. 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Jul. 20th
End: Thursday, Jul. 27th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jun. 28th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Hello VOC community! Hearing through the grapevine there seems to be some stoke to climb in the alpine this summer! Well no better place in BC, or really North America (arguably) than Bugaboo Provincial Park in eastern BC. I will be funemployed starting in July, and plan to go to the Bugaboos for a solid period (likely this whole 2 week period). I plan to do some bigger objectives out there (Beckey Chouinard, V 5.10), but I'm also happy to mentor some folks on mellower objectives as well. Signup if you're interested!
Who: Passionate outdoor adventurers with the following skillset: -VOC Rock 2 or equivalent and -VOC Glacier School 1 (G1). Skills from VOC Lead Ladder, strong backpacking/overnight camping experience and/or strong climbing experience an asset.
What: Alpine rock climbing ranging from 5.4-5.10 (or greater), usually with a snow/glacier approach and potentially moderate snow climbing. Many skills specific to managing you and your group in the alpine (moving fast on rock, transitioning between glacier-travel, rock climbing, managing mountain hazards, etc) will be discussed and practiced as part of the trip's objectives.
Where: Bugaboo Provincial Park in the Columbia Mountains, BC.
When: Sometime for at least 1 week in the month of July. Dates are dependent on availiability of those most interested in participating.
Why: Have you looked at the picture below.....?
How: Show up to the pre-trip and the trip to find out!
Also if you're still not convinced, here's a photo from the classic West Ridge of Pigeon Spire (5.4) taken by my friend, Matt Kennedy. Get stoked to send!