VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Long Weekend Phelix Scrambling! (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Jul. 1st - Mon. Jul. 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 1st, 6:00 am
End: Monday, Jul. 3rd, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jun. 29th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
I (Sam V) just got a job, and can't come this weekend. Really sorry to bail on my own trip. I think the trip could go without me, you don't need much experience. Here's the description: (Brandon will organize you, so be nice to him)
Phelix Hut is one of my favorite places in the Sea to Sky region. There's two beautiful alpine lakes, glaciers, great scrambling, and great ridge running. The hut sleeps over 30 people, so you don't need a tent. You don't need any technical skills, but you do need to be able to hike 10 kilometers uphill. There might be snow up high, so you'll want boots that can handle that. An ice-ax an helmet could be useful for accessing everything in the area, but there's a lot of great stuff that you wouldn't need this for.
We have one full vehicle of 5 people going up Saturday in the morning and returning Monday afternoon. Roland and one other have already headed up Thursday night to do some road work and tree clearing.