VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sky Pilot - Mountainerring (intermediate - advanced) · Sunday, June 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jun. 18th
The snow has started to melt and the summer sun is here, It's time to leave the skies/snowshoes behind to take the crampons. I am planning to do the Sky Pilot (2025m) this sunday. https://stevensong.com/coastal-interior-bc/sea-to-sky/sky-pilot-mountain/
As I am lazy for the approach, the plan is to take the first Sea to sky gondola in the morning (which will save us 900m elevation, but cost around 40$), from there it will take around 2h to reach the glacier, then another hour to reach the summit.
The route involves crossing a glacier and some 4th class scrambling. So being comfortable at climbing and glacier skills are required. We can also bag the copilot if we have time. As I am myself not very experience I could'nt take any beginner to the trip, sorry.
Signup if interrested, describing quickly your mountainering skills.