VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Brandywine overnight hike (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Jun. 24th - Sun. Jun. 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 24th
End: Sunday, Jun. 25th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jun. 21st, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC clubroom
Are you a hiker looking to go on your first overnight hike? Then this trip is for you! I won't promise that it'll be easy, but the area is beautiful and it'll be a good time. The total number of people on the trip will be dependent on how many experienced people end up joining.
The plan is to camp at Brandywine Meadows on Saturday and hike up Brandywine Mountain the following day. There will likely be snow, so we may be camping and walking in snow! Brandywine Meadows is ~ 3 km from the trail head with 550 m of elevation gain, so the trail will be fairly steep at times. Brandywine mountain is approximately another 600 m of elevation gain from the meadows.
Feel free to send me an email if you have questions!