VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Wedgemount Lake Overnight Hike (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Jul. 15th - Sun. Jul. 16th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 15th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Jul. 16th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jul. 13th, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Outside the clubroom MAP
With Roland Burton's blessing I am organizing my first trip.
The plan is to leave Vancouver around 7am on Saturday, hike up to the Wedgemount lake, set up camp at the premium Wedgemount campsites next to the lake and explore the area. I’m a slow hiker, so beginners please don’t hesitate to join.
The main objective will be Mount Weart (2,822m), which I’ve never done before, but I hear that the views are amazing (like that entire area really). It’s a moderate scramble but shouldn’t be too difficult. If at any point we don’t feel safe, we will turn around. We won’t be crossing any glaciers, but because our winter was so generous this year you can expect to see some snow, so microspikes would be a good idea if you have them, maybe an ice axe for stability and for photos.
You can check out the weather forecast here:
And this is a past VOC trip report and Wiki:
The hike up to the campsite is steep, but so worth the pain.
If you have any questions please email me.
The pre-trip meeting location and time will be posted closer to the time of the event.