VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Joffre Lakes Overnight Trip and Scrambles (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Jul. 22nd - Sun. Jul. 23rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 22nd, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Jul. 23rd, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 19th, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
This is a beginner friendly trip (no experience required) with an emphasis on learning "Leave No Trace" outdoor ethic principles and raising awareness of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS) campaign to Stand Up for Parks! We will also be carrying garbage bags to pack out all of our trash, as well as any other trash we see!
Trip length: 10 km round-trip. 400m elevation gain. Trail is well maintained but steep at times. We will go at an average hiking pace and take breaks as needed so that anyone can join the trip. We might also have the opportunity to scramble above the lake.
Water source and food: We will need to purify water, so tablets, drops, or filters are needed. We will need to pack in all of our food.
- 5$ backcountry permit (I will take care of the logistics of this).
- Sleeping bag
- The VOC rents out everything else you need!