VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Hiking the Juan de Fuca Trail · Tue. Jul. 11th - Fri. Jul. 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Jul. 11th, 8:00 am
End: Friday, Jul. 14th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: email faff or meeting on monday
The Juan de Fuca marine trail is the little brother of the west coast trail on Vancouver island.
It's a 47 km trail along the coast where you'll pass beaches, forrests, tide pools and lots of pretty nature. Plus, unlike the west coast rail you need no reservation and its basically free (except for the overnight camping permit which is cheap).
I'd love to hike it next week and would love some company. The dates are relatively flexible, althought mid week is prefered due to low traffic. The speed and time spend on the trail is negotiable too, depending on how fit we are as a group and how we get there. We could make it aanything between 3 to 5 days in total.
It would be great if someone had a car and/or tent, but it's also possible to rent a tent and to bus and hitchhike there if we have the time and no car.
This backpacking trip is not an instructed one and will require to consistently hike for a couple of days with a heavy backpack in variable weather and trail conditions. Therefore it would be great if anyone who joins has a little hiking experience and idealy has done an overnight camping trip before.
You can get a rough idea of what to expect and a sapmle initiary on the VOC Wiki page: http://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/Juan_de_Fuca_Trail
If you are unsure it the trip is something for you, feel free to message me :)