VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Grouse Grind and Crown Mountain · Saturday, July 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 29th, 7:00 am
Update (Thurs July 27) - All car spots are full! If anyone else wants to join please feel free to email me and let me know, although you will have to arrange your own transportation (it is bus-able but I'm not sure how early the buses run...)
I haven't done these before but I really want to! Here's a link to a page describing Crown: https://www.outdoorvancouver.ca/featured-trail-crown-mountain/ and another one: https://www.vancouvertrails.com/trails/crown-mountain/
This hike will definitely be more on the difficult side, there is also some scrambling, but don't feel like you need to be a hiking expert to join - I am not an expert either! What is much more important is that you're prepared for the elevation gain. Grouse is ~850 meters straight up, and Crown is a net ~350 meter climb but it involves ups and downs, in reality it's a ~700 meter elevation gain - the links have more info. Not including commuting to and from the mountain, the trip should be around 8 hours. It's going to be a great workout! :)
If there's lots of interest, we'll have a pre-trip meeting on July 25th. If it's smaller we can arrange it all via email. If people can drive, that's amazing, although from what I understand this is transit-able (if need be).