VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Non-Alcoholic Illal Meadows · Sat. Jul. 22nd - Sun. Jul. 23rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 22nd
End: Sunday, Jul. 23rd
This trip is for people who were signed up to the Alcoholic Traverse this weekend, which is being postponed due to weather. Please don't sign up unless you were originally signed up for the Alcoholic Traverse.
The weather looks best in the Coquihalla so that's where we'll go. We will head up to Illal Meadows and camp, from where we can access (in order of difficulty) Illal Peak, Jim Kelly Peak, and Coquihalla Mountain. We'll split into groups from the meadows based on abilities and interests. In terms of difficulty, Illal Peak comprable to what would have been required on the Alcoholic and the other two are slightly more challenging. Many people may be able to climb two peaks, one on Saturday after arriving and one on Sunday before leaving.
Only the "committed" function is open for this trip because we need to firm up who is coming to do car groups as soon as possible.
Pic stolen from internet.