VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Seek the Peak - VOC run edition · Saturday, August 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 12th, 8:00 am
Hello fellow runners!
Michael and I would like to run the Seek the Peak course, but we would like to do it as a social run rather than race. For those of you that don't know, Seek the Peak is a race that starts at Ambleside Park in West Vancouver, and finishes at the top of Grouse Mountain. The course is 16 km long with about 1400 m of elevation gain. As such, this is definitely not a suitable run for beginners or hikers. We will aim to run the whole thing, with exception of the Grouse Grind (power hiking) and potentially a couple walk breaks on the giant Nancy Greene Way hill :) Check out the website for route details: https://seekthepeak.ca/race-info/
We will do a car drop at the Grouse Mountain parking lot, and then aim to start running around 8:00 am.
After the run, we can visit the bears on Grouse and grab some food/beer if anyone is interested. It will cost $10 per person to take the Skyride back to the parking lot.
I will send out an email the week before the run to work out the rest of details.