VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Golden Ears · Wed. Aug. 23rd - Thu. Aug. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : trip will happen sometime this week if there is a driver
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Aug. 23rd, 8:00 am
End: Thursday, Aug. 24th, 6:00 pm
**this trip has been postponed
Looking for some mid week available people to head up Golden Ears peak in Maple Ridge. I went up with some friends last Thursday (July 27), but as we got a late start from consuming a few too many the night before, some of us were less motivated to push for the summit. The idea would be to head up Tuesday morning and set up camp either at Alder flats, or Panorama Ridge, depending on how far we feel like carrying our stuff. Backcountry camp fees are $5 in Golden Ears Park.
The trail is 24km return, and 1500m elevation gain to Golden Ears Peak. This trip is beginner friendly in the sense that I will do my best to ensure you are prepared if this is your first overnight trip, and I will make sure no one gets left behind. The distance and elevation gain are considerable, so beginner friendly does not mean easy.
If you are interested in this trip, but aren't free on the 15/16 of August, send me an email. If there are not enough people to join the dates may change (my weekends are booked up in August already though).
Pre trip meeting TBD