VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
August Turns/Panorama Ridge · Sat. Aug. 19th - Sun. Aug. 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : lack of car/interest
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 19th
End: Sunday, Aug. 20th
Pre-trip meeting location: Email Faff
We've been blessed with snow this year, which should make it easier to ski all year! :) I've never skiied all year before, so I'm open to suggestions. I'm thinking somewhere past Elfin or Garibaldi Lake but anywhere is fine (hopefully not too far...). If you've skiied in August before and got ideas, bring them this way! :)
1. Panorama Ridge in Garibaldi Park. It always seems like there's some snow there....if not enough, at least the views will be great. Could also try for Black Tusk (no idea if there's snow there, so it could just be a hike). Skis not mandatory. We would camp at Taylor Meadows. It is a 1350 m elevation gain, 15 K one way from the parking lot to Panorama Ridge and more if we decide to go to Black Tusk as well. Then we will take a celebratory dip in the lake!